Wednesday, July 14, 2010

hello, my name is michelle.

I've thought long and hard about what my first post of this blog would be - one that I would smile at years from now when I feel nostalgic and turn back to my very first post. I finally decided to write about my second love, the city, because to write about fashion (my true love, no doubt) and all its worth is perhaps too blase and unappetizing to a regular fashion blogger. I say this because amongst the thousands of bloggers yearning to become as famous as Jane Aldridge (seaofshoes) or Tavi Gevinson (thestylerookie), telling the world how much I love fashion in a simple blog post would be an understatement.

Ah yes, the city. Filled with magic and energy, hope and audacity, it is the one true place I find inspiration. Spend one night in the city and you can find a young hipster dressed in a plaid sweater and a top hat, and shy secretary in tulle and chain necklaces. This is why I love the city - it is the only place where people find the courage to express themselves.

Why is that?

0 comments:

© 2010. Michelle Yao / Glitter Lace and Tulle. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP